Electric Motors Calculations Workbook - Digital Delivery
This is a digital delivery item for immediate
download to your computer.
This 144 page workbook provides a comprehensive look at calculations for
electric motors and more. There are over 5000 different questions and answers
included. Audio support is provided for each calculations type. Click HERE
to hear a sample of an audio file.
Click HERE to see a
sample answers page.
Click HERE to
take the math pre test for this workbook with answers.
Let's see if this workbook is for you. Here's a ten question quiz. Get out
your code book and calculator for these.
The motor which will be used for all five questions is a 5HP single phase
230 volt continuous duty typical motor. Nothing special about it. Let's say it
powers a water pump. It has a service factor of 1.6. A temperature rise of 100
degrees F. The nameplate flc is 26.3 amps. It is located 50 feet from the
electric service. The raceway which contains the conductors is not in the
sunlight. There are only three THW conductors in the raceway run to the motor. All
lugs associated with this motor are 75 degrees C.
1. What is the minimum ampere rating for a non fused disconnect switch based
on the NEC?
2. What is the minimum allowable ampacity for a branch circuit conductor
permitted to feed this 230 volt motor?
3. What is the initial standard maximum overcurrent protection device for
this single motor if an inverse time breaker (ivt) is planned?
4. If the initial standard maximum overcurrent protective device will not
allow the motor to start and/or run, then what is the absolute maximum
ivt overcurrent protective device permitted?
5. What is the initial standard maximum overload permitted?
6. If the initial standard maximum overload does not allow the motor to
start and/or run, then what is the absolute maximum overload permitted?
7. What is the minimum feeder size for four motors, all like the above,
supplied from the same feeder with no additional other load?
8. What is the minimum allowable THW Cu feeder conductor for these same four
9. What is the minimum allowable horsepower rating of a non fused
disconnect for this single motor?
10. What is the minimum allowable ampere rating of a non fused feeder
disconnect for these same four motors?
If you miss the correct answer on even one of these questions, then the
Electric Motors Calculations Workbook would be a useful tool to add to your
study library. Why not Invest
In Yourself? Brain tools pay big dividends. See the bottom of this page for
Here is the table of contents from this workbook:
1 Front Cover
2 Dedication - Copyright - ISBN
4 Table of Contents
5 Checklist - Reference Formulas Appendix
6 How To Use This Workbook
7 Math Pretest
8 Problem Types
9 Story Problems Worksheets
10 Online Support
11 Internet Links
Basic Motor Aspects
12-15 Motor Terminology
16-19 National Electrical Code Motor Articles
20 Full Load Current - Lookups - Interpolation
21 Substitution Algebra Review
22-23 Alternating Current Formulas - Check Values
24-25 Alternating Current Calculations
26-27 Motor Power Calculations
28-29 Horsepower - Single Phase
30-31 Horsepower - Three Phase
32-33 Volt Amperes - Service Calculation
34-35 Conductor Ampacity Determination
36-37 Conductor Ambient Temperature Correction
38-41 Basic Motor Aspects Story Problems
42-43 Vocabulary Matching Exercises
Single Phase Motor Calculations
44-45 AC DC Full Load Current Lookups
46-47 AC DC Full Load Current Interpolation
48-49 Disconnect Switch Rating
50-51 Branch Circuit AC Calculations
52-53 Branch Circuit DC Calculations
54-55 AC Standard Maximum Branch Circuit OCPD
56-57 AC Absolute Maximum Branch Circuit OCPD
58-59 Air Conditioning Equipment Motors
60-61 Cranes and Hoists
62-63 Feeder Conductor
64-65 Overcurrent Protection
66-67 Feeder Overcurrent Protective Device Ratings
68-69 Motor Overloads - Ultimate Trip Current
70-73 Single Phase Motor Story Problems
74-75 Vocabulary Matching Exercises
Three Phase Motor Calculations
76-77 Full Load Current Lookups
78-79 Full Load Current Interpolation
80-81 Synchronous Motor Full Load Current
82-83 Disconnect Switch Rating - Branch Circuit
84-85 Overcurrent Protection
88-89 Volt Amperes - Service Calculation
90-91 Feeder Conductors
92-93 Overcurrent Protection
94-95 Feeder Disconnect Switch More Than 1 Motor
96-97 Motor Efficiency
98-99 Torque - RPM
100-101 AC Circuit Calculations
102-105 Three Phase Motor Story Problems
106-107 Vocabulary Matching Exercises
Advanced Motor Calculations
108-109 Combination Loads
112-113 Power Factor
114-121 Voltage Drop
122-123 Motor Locked Rotor Current
124-125 FLC Tables
126-127 Electricity Cost
128-131 Motor Control Wiring
132-135 Advanced Motor Story Problems
136-137 Vocabulary Matching Exercises
138-139 Technical Literacy
140 Motor Control Answers
141 Vocabulary Matching - Motor Control Answers
142 Index - Electric Motor Calculations Workbook
143 Other Educational Products
144 Back Cover
See anything on this list you would like to know more about?
When you find a digital delivery item you want, follow these steps:
1. Click the Buy Now button for the item.
2. Pay for the item through PayPal with any debit or credit card.
3. Immediately check your email for a link to the file you bought.
4. Click on the link for the file in the email you received.
5. You will be given a choice to either open the file or save the file. If
you save it, you can access it at any time in the future.
6. If you just open the file, you can view the pages and print them on your
7. If you save the file to your computer, be sure you remember where you
saved it so you can open it when ever you want. You can access it and print it
at any time.
8. Request a full refund if you are not pleased with what you get. Send
an email to email@example.com
9. Special note: You are entitled to open this file up to 3 times on your
computer. There is no time limit to the length of time to open the file. Just
the number of times that you can open it. But the file may be removed any time
after 30 days without notice by the webmaster. If you have saved the file to
your computer, it will be available to you as long as your computer lives.
10. You get nothing in the mail. Delivery is exclusively digital through
your internet connection on your computer.
Use this Buy Now button to order. You may pay with any debit or credit card
Electrical Motors Calculations Workbook Digital Delivery $25