Journeyman Electrician Pre Test
Although this quiz is called a Journeyman Electrician Pre Test quiz, it is designed to help a prospective student determine if they need to enroll in the Journeyman course before entering the Master Electrician course.
Here is a ten question quiz of material best understood by an applicant before enrolling for the Master Electrician License Exam Prep Course as instructed by David U. Larson.
Allow 24 minutes total at one sitting.
Be adult about the time limit.
Now this quiz is my own attempt to warn prospective students that skipping the Journeyman level material and diving into the Master level material might not be a good idea.
Well, let the results of this quiz guide you in your decision.
If you miss none, one, or two questions, that's great. Skip the Journeyman course and enroll in the Master course.
If you miss three or more questions, completing the Journeyman course before enrolling in the Master Electrician License Exam Prep is a good investment in your future success.
Good Luck. David U. Larson
Remember, 24 minutes. You will need a 2011 NEC and a calculator.
1. When a 25 watt and a 100 watt lamp are connected in
series to a 120 volt source, what will happen and why:
2. What is the minimum size THW copper conductor
required to power a single phase motor with a nameplate of 240 volts, 10 HP,
nameplate 42 amps, service factor 1.15, and temperature rise of 40 degrees C.
3. Which conductor is the grounded conductor?
4. What is the maximum number of 10 THW copper
conductors permitted to be installed in a 1 inch EMT raceway of 100 feet?
5. What size copper grounding electrode conductor is required
for a 200 amp 240 volt single phase service if supplied by # 2/0 THW copper
6. If a metal device box can contain 12 #14 conductors
with no devices, what number of conductors must be subtracted to install a self
grounding three way switch?
7. What is the maximum required voltage drop for a 200
foot run of #6 THW copper conductor which carries a load of 30 amps at 240
8. How many three way switches are needed to
control a bank of lights from seven locations?
9. What is the temperature adder for conductors in a
metal raceway located 6 inches above a roof if in direct sunlight?
10. When calculating box fill, how many cubic inches
must be allowed for each #10AWG copper conductor?
Use this Google search box to find topics on this website: